Monday, August 25, 2008

Follow Up Blood Test at Hematologist

Went for my second follow up blood test today at the hematologist's office and my white blood cell count crept up a little bit more, going from 3.3 last week to 3.6 this week (the low end of normal is 4.2). At this point the weekly increments are not as important to me - I'm just excited that the readings keep going in an upward direction. My platelets still look low. If my hematologist doesn't mention anything, I will say something about it after my blood test next week.

I made a follow up blood test appointment for next week - 9/3/08 at 12:30PM.

My pain/pressue on my left side was pretty minimal today. It is still a little difficult to eat drier foods due to less saliva (it is harder to chew the food) and I notice that my mouth gets pretty dry on runs. I will mention these when I go to the ENT doctor tomorrow.

No comments: