Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Salivary Gland Update - More Discomfort on the Left Side

Since I went to the ENT doctor at the end of September, the swollen submandibular gland hasn't really gotten any better. It doesn't really bother me that much but I did not notice the swelling getting smaller in the morning when it is usually the largest and firmest. I noticed today that when the gland gets swollen and firm, I get a burning/painful sensation underneath my tongue on the left side, directly above where the gland is. It is very uncomfortable and difficult to eat. The pain gets worse when I move my tongue back and forth. I noticed that when I press on the gland, it seems directly corrollated to the pain and burning in my mouth. It calms down a bit when I stop eating and drink more. Luckily, I am going back to the ENT doctor for a follow up on Oct 21st. Let's see what he has to say.

No comments: