The pain and discomfort on my left side fluctuates day by day. Yesterday, other than some firmness in the morning when I woke up, I was relatively pain/swelling free for most of the day and I ate with relative ease. On other days, including today, the swelling lasts almost all day and is quite painful, when I am eating and when I am not eating. The gland can get as large as a large marble (or golf ball) and it is visible when looking at my neck. I massage the gland, which helps only when the swelling has gone down a bit. Unfortunately, it is usually uncomfortable to chew gum or suck on sour candies due to the swelling of the gland and the "tugging" and pain inside of my mouth under my tongue.
I am going back to the ENT doctor tomorrow morning for a follow up. Since my gland does feel good on some days, I assume he'll say that this is just a normal phase for the salivary gland to go through. When I had the pain/discomfort behind my ear, it took several weeks for it to finally go away. The swelling started right after Reach the Beach but the pain and discomfort has only been for a few weeks. Hopefully, this will work itself soon because eating is becoming very uncomfortable. As long as this is normal and there is no underlying condition, I will have to put up with it for as long as it takes.
No comments:
Post a Comment