Monday, July 13, 2015

Visit with Dr. Patel on 6/29/15

BP 130/80: Pulse 56

My bloodwork from June 1st looked good

He read my ultrasound from June 12th and saw that the level 4 node is still there but the size has remained stable.  As before, he mentioned that the worst case scenario is that there is remaining cancer cells in that node.  For now it is nothing serious and he would not recommend taking it out especially since I am not having any problems and it is stable.  Keep on watching it.

I mentioned that if my visit went well that Dr Bergman wanted to lower my Synthroid level to 125.  Dr Patel mentioned that there is data supporting that someone with a low grade cancer like me should not be suppressed forever due to potential bone and heart complications down the road (Bergman said the same thing).  Dr Patel didn't have a problem with lowering my level if I can tolerate it.  He is emailing Dr Bergman.

Next appt is 12/28/15 at 9am

No comments: