Since Dr. Heller is retiring, I had my first visit with Dr Patel, who will now be following me from now on. We had a brief conversation and he told me that he read through my file and past history.
He felt my neck and nodes and he said everything felt fine.
When I asked about a total body scan, he didn't think I would need one again since the other two have come back clean. When I asked about the continued presence of my antibodies, he said that the most important thing was that the levels remain the same and don't increase at all. While he hopes that they go away, he has seen them hang around for many years. However, as long as the levels do not fluctuate, there isn't anything to be alarmed about right now.
I told him I will have an ultrasound at the end of Dec 2013 (I need to call NYU Radiology to make an appointment) and will see Dr Bergman in Jan 9, 2014 at 9AM.
Next appt with Dr Patel is on 6/2/14 at 9am
==========================================================
I had bloodwork done on 11/12/2013 at the request of Dr. Bergman to check on my Thyroid levels. I got a call from his office a couple days later that my "thyroid levels were fine." I asked if my Synthroid levels should stay the same and she said yes. Therefore, my levels continue to stay at 137 five days per week and 150 two days per week. Dr. Bergman wants me to get blood tests again in 4 months which would bring me to mid March 2014.
No comments:
Post a Comment