Monday, July 11, 2011

Ultrasound Appointment

After seeing Dr F in April and getting a new dosage of Synthroid (combo of 137/150), I went to NYU on 7/8 to get my Thyroid blood tests to see how my levels were doing. Dr. F just called me at work to tell me that my TSH went from 0.44 to 0.06, which is lower than she would want me to be (not lower than 0.1 is what she wants). However, she said that she would rather have me at 0.06 than at 0.44, so she told me to remain on my current 137/150 dosage. She also said that my antibodies are present, but remaining steady.

After looking at my notes from last year, I noticed that I got my ultrasound in July 2010 so I asked her if I should get it around the same time this year, or wait until October. She said that it is fine if I get it now, so I scheduled an appointment with NYU Radiology for 7/15 at 4PM. Hopefully, the calcification that was found last year got smaller which would be a step in the right direction.

When I asked Dr. F about her recommendation for a scan, she seemed to soften her stance a bit. I reminded her that at our last visit, she was going to give me a recommendation regarding the scan after she speaks with Dr. Heller and reads the latest literature. When asked about the scan, she said that a scan won't really tell us too much. So for now, she said to get the ultrasound and then we will discuss whether or not to get a scan based on the results. I think she is a bit nervous that while the ultrasound will tell us about any activity in the neck, it won't reveal if there is any other activity other places in my body.

Appointment Recap:
Neck ultrasound: NYU Radiology on 7/15/11 - be there at 4PM
Follow Up appointment with Dr. F on 8/8/11 at 4:30 PM

No comments: