Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Ultrasound Results and Visit With Dr Heller - Good News

On 10/8/09, I went for my neck ultrasound as scheduled at NYU Hospital. Dr. Fenichel wanted them to scan my thyroid area, as well as the lateral (sides) of my neck. The initial scan only took a few minutes, but it did not seem to me that the technician scanned the sides of my neck. I asked her if the lateral scan was done and she said yes. Luckily, right before I left, the radiologist stopped me and said that the prescription stated that a lateral scan was to be done. I already knew this, but I was glad he caught it.

The results came back several days later and Dr. Fenichel called me to say that the scans came back clean and there are no signs of residual thyroid activity or tissue. We will have to keep an eye on the Thyroglobulin antibodies in the next year.

I went to see Dr. Heller on 10/8/09 as well for my six month checkup. He did his usual poking and prodding of my neck and said that everything looked great and to come back in another 6 months.

No comments: