Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Follow Up with Dr. Fenichel - 9/29/09

I went into Dr. Fenichel's office today to get a flu shot, but while I was there, we made it into a follow up visit since we had to schedule certain visits for the rest of the year.

Although my ultrasound was in December of last year, and the Thyrogen shots and scan were in June 2009, Dr. F wants all three tests to be at the same time each year in the future. Therefore, she wanted me to get an ultrasound now, and then, in the future, I will have the Thyrogen and/or body scan, and ultrasound each year in June (or whatever the future schedules are).

Appointments coming up: 10/8 Thyroid and Neck Ultrasound (10:30AM) and Dr. Heller on 10/8 at 1PM.

Dr. F wants me to make an appointment with her 6 months after my ultrasound is done. Therefore, I will schedule to see her again in April 2009.

I asked Dr. F again about the Thyroglobulin antibodies. She said that sometime they can take years to disappear. Therefore, she will monitor them in the meantime and if they are still present next year, then I will need to get a scan in addition to the Thryogen. If the antibodies are gone, I will still need to get blood tests after taking the Thyrogen injections.

No comments: