Saturday, August 8, 2009

Great News - First Year Test Results Came Back Clear - July 2009

Once the diet was over, and the scans were done, the only thing left to do was wait and hear the results. Although my December ultrasound came back clear 6 months prior, and I was feeling good and running well, there is always a chance that some tissue or cells could reappear. So, the couple of days between my last scan (June 29th) and when I heard the results were a bit nerve racking.

Luckily, my endocrinologist called me to let me know that my scans looked good and everything was clear. There was no sign of any thyroid tissue in my body. Whew! When my blood tests came back, they showed that I still had Thyroglobulin antibodies present. If the tests came back showing that my Tg antibodies were gone, then my doctors would be able to track the existence of thyroid (or potential thyroid tissue) using a blood test instead of a scan (as well as the low iodine diet). So, if my blood tests still show Tg antibodies next year, then I will have to get a scan. If that is the worst thing, then I am still doing very well overall. I will need to get an ultrasound in about six months, and then possibly a scan next year.

My synthroid dosage was lowered from 137 to 125, since my TSH levels were almost non-existent on my blood tests.

The news was great to hear.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

JB, I am so glad you received more good news!

jb24 said...

Thanks so much - it was a big relief!!!