I heard back from Dr. Fenichel this morning regarding my 6 month ultrasound and I was relieved to hear that it came back normal and everything is fine. I was a bit nervous waiting for the past couple of days. I was worried - what if something abnormal was found- that I would have to go through this process all over again. Luckily that was not the case. Since my last thyroid blood workup was back in September, she is going to send me a prescription for a blood test to see how my levels are doing. I’m glad to go ahead and do it since it reassures me that things are going well. The next step will be a scan in June. I’ll call Dr. F to schedule an appointment probably in April or May. She let me know that I would be taking a Thyrogen injection before the scan thus preventing me from being off Synthroid for an extended period of time and having to go on that dreadful diet. The radiation dose will be minimal (a tracer amount) and nowhere near the dose that I took last June.
She also told me to increase my Vitamin D intake to 800 per day instead of the 400 I was currently taking.
No comments:
Post a Comment