Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Not Out of the Woods Yet

While my mouth remains moist with saliva, my tongue was very dry all day long which affected my taste and eating as well. It seems like the tongue is the main driver here. Whenever I ate something today, the food seemed dry in my mouth (although there was saliva) and became pasty and compact making it hard to chew. In addition, my parotid glands on each side of my mouth and cheek become very sore and made it more difficult to eat. I tried to massage them but they hurt alot. The more I ate, the more my cheeks and mouth hurt. I hope this is an anomoly and will go away soon. I tried eating gum. While this helped to generate saliva in my mouth, my tongue remained "rough" or a little bit burned. As my tongue goes, so does my taste and ease in eating.

No comments: