Monday, April 12, 2010

Blood Test Results - 4/12/2010

I spoke with Dr. Fenichel regarding my blood test results after seeing her last week.

She said that the Tg antibodies are still present. There is nothing to do right now. We will check them again in October when I have my ultrasound and blood tests.

She also said that my Thyroid levels were normal, which is good for most people but I need to be slightly hyperthyroid. Therefore, she is changing my Synthroid level from 125 to 137.

According to her scale, my weight has increased in the last year. Could be muscle, could be to the lowered Synthroid dose. My lowest weight in her office was 142, and it was up to 150 when I saw her on Thursday. To me, the weight of 150 is normal and the 142 was quite low for me and I noticed that I looked pretty skinny. The 142 weight was probably after the low iodine diet in which I usually lose 5-7 pounds. I have been training for a marathon for the past 4 months - although I tend to eat more during training, it would not make sense to me that I gained weight overall during my training cycle. I usually lose weight. I have been feeling fine while on the Synthroid 125 level and my running has being doing great as well.

No comments: