Friday, August 15, 2014

Whole Body Scan Process Begins on 10/16/14 at 9AM

Just spoke with NYU on 8/15/14:

I scheduled my Thyroid Thyrogen Whole Body I 131 scan.  Day 1 will begin on Thursday Oct 16th.  My first Thyrogen injection is scheduled for 10/16/14 at 9AM.  The second injection is scheduled for Friday 10/17/14.

The guy (Stephen) I spoke to on the phone from NYU Nuclear Medicine said that there was no precertification needed for the scan or the Thyrogen.  However, I need to make sure that Thyrogen is covered by my insurance.

I followed up with someone else and NYU and got confirmation that since no precertification is needed for the scan or the Thyrogen, then I am all set.  NYU orders and administers the Thyrogen and therefore I do not have to order the Thyrogen myself.

I spoke to someone at Cigna to see if I am covered for Thyrogen or not.  Cassandra at Cigna said that as long as NYU orders and administers the Thyrogen themselves as part of the scan process (which they are), then I am covered.  Cigna covers scans at 100% and the Thyrogen would therefore be covered since it is part of the scan process.

So, as of this moment, it looks as if I am all set.  Day 1 of my Thyrogen injection is scheduled for Thursday 10/16/14.  The Thyrogen is ordered and administered through NYU and I don't have to do it myself.  I am covered for the Thyrogen since it is part of the scan process that NYU is administering and I do not have to purchase it myself.

No comments: