Wow - I can't believe it has been a little over a year already since my surgery, and nearly a year since my RAI and scans. Time does fly.
It is time for my one year follow up diagnostic scan. I met with Dr. Fenichel on 5/15/09 for a follow-up visit and to discuss the upcoming schedule of tests/scans. Rather than go off of my Synthroid and allow me to get hypothyroid leading up to my diagnostic scan, she decided to give me the Thyrogen injections instead. The Thyrogen and scan are a five day process. Dr. Fenichel told me to get a blood test before the first Thyrogen injection and another one after the second injection.
Although I avoid going off Synthroid, I still have to go on a low iodine diet leading up to the scan. I need to start it two weeks prior to my first Thyrogen injection. I called up nuclear medicine today (5/19) and scheduled my first injection for June 25th at 9AM (530 First Ave - take A elevator to the second floor).
Below is a schedule of events:
June 14th (start the low iodine diet - this is 2 weeks before Thyrogen injection)
Blood Test #1 - take either day before or day of 1st injection
June 25th at 9AM - go to NYU Nuclear Medicine for Thyrogen Injection #1
June 26th - Thyrogen injection #2 (I will find out the time after my initial appointment)
Blood Test #2 - take after 2nd injection
Then the next three days consist of taking the RAI and then getting my scans/pictures.
No comments:
Post a Comment